Man in the Mirror

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Man in the Mirror

I wanted to change the world, so I got up one morning and looked in the mirror. That one looking back said: There is not much time left.... MICHAEL JACKSON

2 posters

Jackson Estate Sues Heal the World

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Jackson Estate Sues Heal the World Empty Jackson Estate Sues Heal the World

Post  Admin Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:47 am

Jackson Estate Sues Heal the World

Posted Sep 29th 2009 7:25PM by TMZ Staff
    Michael Jackson's estate has filed a lawsuit against the Heal the World Foundation.

The Special Administrators, John Branca and John McClain, have alleged in the suit the Foundation is using Jackson's name and likeness without permission.

According to the lawsuit the Foundation and other related entities have registered 6 trademarks and have applied with 41 additional ones, all suggesting a connection to Jackson.

The legal papers acknowledge Jackson founded his own Heal the World Foundation in 1992 but it has no connection to the defendants.

The suit alleges the defendants cybersquatted various domain names, including "mjaid.net," "healthworldfoundation.net," and "mjquotes.net."
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Jackson Estate Sues Heal the World Empty Re: Jackson Estate Sues Heal the World

Post  Admin Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:47 am

Michael Jackson Estate Sues Heal The World Foundation

by Paul Cashmere - September 30 2009
    The estate of the late Michael Jackson has filed a lawsuit against the Heal The World Foundation for exploiting his death by unlawfully seeking trademarks using the name `Michael Jackson` and phrases such as `King Of Pop`, `Heal The World`, `MJ`, Neverland` and `Thriller`.
    They claim the charity is deceiving the public into thinking they operate the charities and are fooling fans into believing they are making donations in Michael’s name.
    Michael Jackson himself set up a Heal The World Foundation in 1992 but it was disbanded in 2002. A separate charity using the name Heal The World Foundation but with no association to Jackson was started in 2008.
    The lawsuit was filed in the United States District Court of Los Angeles today by Jackson Estate administrators John Braca and John McClain. "John McClain and I as Special Administrators will continue to be vigilant in protecting Michael's legacy from unauthorized exploitation and in protecting Michael’s fans from being deceived,” Braca said today in a statement.
    The defendants have registered six trademarks and applied for 41 more. The lawsuit claims that the trademarks “uniquely and unmistakably point to Mr. Jackson and his persona” and are intended “to cause confusion, mistake and to deceive.”
    CBS News have also been targeting the charity calling it “a magnet for fans searching for a Michael Jackson charity.”
    A statement from the Jackson Estate today reads, “While Mr. Jackson did found his own Heal the World Foundation in 1992, it had no connection to the defendants and, in fact, became dormant before he died. Mr. Jackson named his legitimate foundation after his iconic song that urged peace, unity, compassion and understanding, which he would later cite as the song he was most proud of writing. Mr. Jackson performed the song during halftime at Super Bowl XXVII, and it was featured prominently at the conclusion of Mr. Jackson’s memorial service in Los Angeles on July 7, 2009”.

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story....rld_Foundation

I find it despicable that people are exploiting MJ's death to that extent. These HTWF people are no better than the fake rabbi.
    Moonlight
    Moonlight

Post  Moonlight Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:36 am

Didn't this charity website exist on the internet before Michael died?
    ~ I just wonder why no one challenged it on his behalf whilst he was alive, if they were up to no good?

I hope these allegations aren't true, I liked the website and what they say on there they are doing, it would be a travesty if they are genuinely trying to carry on doing what they feel Michael would have wished them to and being destroyed. If the allegations against them are true, that makes me equally sad Crying or Very sad

Just adding their press statement:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

HEAL THE WORLD FOUNDATION
    44489 Town Center Way Ste. D542
    Palm Desert, CA 92260
    info@healtheworldfoundation.org

Press Release: Palm Desert, California: Sept. 30, 2009

RE: Jackson Estate Lawsuit and allegations against Heal The World Foundation

In response to the lawsuit that has been filed against the Heal the World Foundation. (HTWF)

This suit has not been brought against the charity, to 'protect' Mr. Jackson, his estate, his legacy and certainly not his humanitarian aims as has been claimed.
    You don't 'protect' yourself from a friend and we are no adversary.

This is a terrible position we find ourselves in, but we cannot allow the estate
    attorneys to destroy the charity, nor will we just hand over the responsibility of actualizing our work, to people we cannot be certain have the character to develop and preserve it.

HTWF stands by its claims and its actions, all have been to preserve and protect Mr. Jackson's humanitarian legacy and we emphatically deny these nefarious and misleading accusations.

With deep disappointment,

Melissa Johnson
    President
    Heal The World Foundation

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:44 pm